Saturday 23 April 2011

Very Guilty Pleasures: Phantom Of The Paradise. (1974)

I avoided this film because I'm not a fan of Brian De Palmas work...Though I suppose a few would make it onto my Very Guilty Pleasures list. It looked trashy and camp and too much like a cartoon version of Rocky Horror. I am now obsessed with this film. Its camp and trashy and dare I say it a better film than Rocky Horror. It evokes child hood memories because Paul Williams wrote and performs the songs and his voice is burned into my brain from watching Bugsy Malone every school holiday. Its a really flawed film with nonsense characters, forgettable songs and a non-sensical plot but you will never see a film like it and for fans of 70s split screen there is a great Touch Of Evil homage.
BEEF, BEEF, BEEF!

No comments:

Post a Comment